Just for the fun of it, here is a little cartoon trivia to test your knowledge about comic strips. You have a choice of four answers for each question. I think that this will give you a fair advantage!
And don't worry! I didn't play this game but I'm sure that my score would have been quite low! You can do better! No doubt about it!
1. When was the first appearance of Batman in a comic book?
2. When did Superman made is first appearance in a comic strip?
3. Ok! What about Spiderman? When was he introduced to the world?
4. "The yellow kid" is considered one of the first color comic strip ever. When was it published for the first time?
5. "The Katzenjammer Kids" is the still published in today's newspapers. When did this strip was created?
And the answers are...
1. B: Batman appeared in an issue of Detective Comics (#27) in May 1939.
2. C: Superman first appeared in Action Comics (#1) in June 1938. This issue is considered the most valuable comic book of all time.
3. A: Spiderman appeared in Amazing Fantasy (#15).
4. B. The yellow kid was first published in 1895 by Richard Outcault.
5. D. "The Katzenjammer Kids" was created in 1897. And yes, it is still published today!
Hope you had fun! :)